All images ©www.chrismaher.co.uk / CyclingShorts.cc
26th September 2015
Katy Marchant claimed her second Gold of the weekend taking the Women’s Keirin Title.
Men’s Sprint Qualifying
Lewis Oliva sets the quickest qualifying time in day two of the National Track Championships in Manchester setting a time of 10.150. Last years title holder Callam Skinner is not in attendance at this years Nats, so an opportunity for a new Champion in tonight’s final.
- Lewis Oliva Team USN 10.150
- Matt Rotherham Sportcity Velo 10.226
- Jonathan Mitchell Black Line 10.250
- Thomas Scammell Black Line 10.348
- Pete Mitchell Black Line 10.407
- Joseph Truman I-Team Cyclist’s Club 10.475
- Ryan Owens Ses Racing 10.478
- Jody Cundy Para-T 10.684 New C4 Nat Record
- Thomas Rotterham Sportcity Velo 10.732
- Jon-Allan Butterworth Para-T 10.746
- Jack Carlin Glasgow Sprint TCT 10.771
- Alex Jolliffe Team Terminator 10.793
- Jamie Alexander Glasgow Sprint Team 10.891
- Miles Annon Ses Racing 10.925
- Matthew Roper Black Line 10.938
- Joel Partington Swinnerton Cycles 10.951
Jody Cundy sets a new C4 National Record in the 200m Flying Start Time Trial.
Round One in the Sprint Competition: Lewis Oliva, Matthew Rotherham, Jonathan Mitchell, Thomas Scammell, Peter Mitchell & Joseph Truman progress through to the next round.
Women’s 4000m Team Pursuit
Only a disappointing three Teams in this year National Track Women’s Team Pursuit.
Setting off firstly VC St Raphael setting a time of 5.12.090 with the intention of sacrificing one of their riders to drive the Team along. The girls then found themselves out of sync, with a rider going clear before dropping back to help her fellow team mates. They passed the finish-line beautifully lined up.
Setting off secondly PMR@Toachim House rode a smoother race keeping all riders together till towards the end of the race, with three girls going for the qualifying time of 5.23.769 and into second position.
The final Team, Pearl Izumi Sports Tours International took almost a minute off the previous rounds time with a 4.35.723. Dame Sarah Storey, Jo Rowsell Shand, Ciara Horne & New IP Champion Katie Archibald.
Gold play-off will be, Pearl Izumi Sports Tours Int’l and VC St Raphael later this afternoon.
Para Cycling C1-5 I Pursuit Finals
- Gold: Jonathan GildeaSportGrub Kuota RTFactored Time4.46.017
- Silver: Megan Giglia Para-T 4.46.211
- Bronze: Louis Rolfe Para-T 4.50.622
- Rik Waddon Para-T 4.51.496
- Chloe Selman Barnsley RC 5.08.613
Para Cycling BVI 1000m Pursuit Finals
- Gold: Lora Turnham (Epic Racing) and Corrine Hall (pilot, IKON-Mazda) 3:37.120 (factored time 4:14.030)
- Silver: Stephen Bate (Sportgrub KUOTA RT) and Adam Duggleby (pilot, Sportgrub KUOTA RT) 4:22.100 (factored time 4:22.100)
- Bronze: Laura Cluxton (Rock and Road Cycles) and Lyndsey Carson (Team Thomson Cycles) 3:57:532 (factored time 4:37.912)
Para-cycling flying start 200m time trial Finals – C1-5
- Gold: Jody Cundy (Para-T) 10.531 (factored time 10.380)
- Silver: Jon-Allan Butterworth (Para-T) 10.609 (factored time 10:609)
- Bronze: Lauren Booth (Carmac-Planet X) 13.762 (factored time 11.899)
BVI Mixed 1000m Finals
- Gold: Sophie Thornhill (Performance Cycle Coaching) and Helen Scott (pilot, Performance Cycle Coaching) 11.099 (factored time 9.739)
- Silver: Neil Fachie (Black Line) and Peter Mitchell (pilot, Black Line) 10.114 (factored time 10.114)
- Bronze: Lydia Hayden (Sportcity Velo) and Leanne Hall (Sportcity Velo) 12.866 (factored time 11.290)
Women’s 4000m Team Pursuit Finals
- Gold: Pearl Izumi Sports Tours International took the Women’s 4000m Team pursuit title easily catching VC St Raphael in the last race of the Saturday morning session.
Saturday Evening Session
Men’s 1000m Time Trial Finals
- Jason Kenny 1.02.042
- Matthew Crampton 1.02.186
- Steven Burke 1.03.710
- Andrew Tennant 1.04.228
- Joseph Truman 1.04.719
- Lewis Oliva 1.04.768
- Jon Dibben 1.04.783
- Thomas Scammell 1.05.116
- Christopher Barr 1.05.911
- Tom Arnstien 1.06.032
Laura Trott (Matrix Fitness) claims the Women’s 15Km Scratch Race title.
Trott set-off and gained one-hundred meters in the early stage of the race. Archibald (Pearl Izumi) seeing the danger, reacted and soon joined her. Once caught, Archibald went straight by and the race remained very aggressive throughout the race.
Eight girls formed at the head of the race and this left Emily Kay (Team USN) driving the chase. Gabby Shaw (Pearl Izumi) takes over the chase and the group are brought back together.
Archibald goes straight on the attack, Trott, Lloyd (Team USN) and Elinor Barker (Matrix Fitness) join her with half the race over. The four girls work together and gain a lap on the field.
The race settles down for a while and there’s thirty laps remaining.
Archibald decides the pace is too slow and injects some speed. Trott doesn’t hang around and they are half a lap up. Under twenty laps to go and the two girls gain a second lap!
Trott’s team-mate Barker tries to go clear and join them, but Archibald is back on the front of the peloton and beginning to go clear again. Trott sees the danger and tags along for the ride.
With less than ten laps remaining, Trott sets off one final time, Archibald joins for a while but doesn’t have the strength to go around her and settles for second position. Lloyd beats Barker in the final dash to claim the Bronze.
Women’s 15Km Scratch Race Finals
- Gold: Laura Trott Matrix Fitness
- Silver: Katie Archibald Pearl Izumi Sports Tours International
- Bronze: Manon Lloyd Team USN
A clean sweep for the 100% ME boys whom were very active in the Men’s Points 40Km Race. Mark Stewart started the procession off, claiming the first five points at the 150 lap sprint. Chris Lathem the next sprint, Germain Burton the next sprint and Oli Wood the one after. Wood went on to lap the field twice on his way to victory and the Gold Medal.
Men’s Points Race Finals
- Gold: Oli Wood
- Silver: Mark Stewart
- Bronze: Chris Latham
Women’s Keirin Finals
- Gold: Katy Marchant
- Silver: Becky James
- Jessica Varnish
Men’s Sprint Finals
- Gold: Lewis Oliva
- Silver: Matthew Rotherham
- Bronze: Jonathon Mitchell