Profile: I am a cyclist returning to racing after a break of 10 years. I suffer from epilepsy and am recovering from chronic fatigue, but participate in races all the same! I never let anything get me down - I was involved in a car crash on the way to the National Cycling Centre last October but still took part in the Women's Team Sprint. I have changed medication many times, but hopefully this year is going to blossom into the start of something successful. I am a Master, and my aim is to do well in the Pursuit, 500m TT and road race, whilst still trying to overcome the challenges I face with epilepsy and chronic fatigue.
Posts by Heather Bamforth:
- Help Manchester Wheelers celebrate their 130th anniversary!
- Brand New Venue for Mid-Week Racing in Bath
- The Surf and Turf 2 Day Returns to Blackpool
- The Milk Race Returns – with equal prize money for women
- “STOP! Cyclists!” An Alternative View of the Cheshire Classic
- Buying a new bike – an alternative guide for women
- CDNW Women’s Road Race League has arrived!
- Introduction to Racing – Training comes to Salt Ayre, Lancaster
- MDLCA – Time Trials for Women – the Original Girl Power
- The Buxton Mountain Time Trial – an early season challenge with a difference