IKAT is a traditional dyeing technique used to pattern textiles that employs a technique called resist dyeing on the yarns prior to weaving the fabric. In IKAT the resist is formed by binding individual yarns or bundles of yarns with a tight wrapping applied in the desired pattern before being dyeing. It’s a beautiful fabric to work with and wear.
Our Ikats are hand woven in India. The warp and weft threads are tie dyed before weaving to create these indicative patterns. This is a soft and lightweight cotton.
** Masks are handmade to order, please be patient and allow 14 working days for us to process your order, hopefully some stock of masks will be built up over time, these masks will appear as "in stock" and can be shipped immediately. **
When you order a mask from us you also get one free disposable filter and a storage/wash bag for the mask
Bespoke 3 Layer Fitted Face Mask
- Comes with:
- a disposable filter
- concealed replaceable metal nose strip
- soft cotton drawstring storage/wash bag
- adjustable ear straps in a choice of elastic colours
The WHO recommends you wear a 3 layer fabric mask when in public.
#weartocare Protect others and protect yourself.
These masks are for use by the public to protect supplies of N95 surgical masks while also providing us, the general public, the ability to stay safe during the COVID-19 crisis. These mask are not a replacement for N95 or surgical masks. They are designed to add a layer of protection for the general population while out and about. The key elements that make this mask a better fit are the adjustable ear straps, a metal nose strip to close up the gap between cheeks and nose, and finally the addition of a shaped chin and nose area, in an effort to fit most people much better than the concertina style masks that often gape at the sides. You get one nose strip and one filter free with each mask, with a cotton drawstring storage/wash bag. You can replace nose strip and filters (replacements sold separately in our shop).
- 3 layers of fabric, a mix of cottons and silks for better breathability.
- 2 adjustable elastic ear loops.
- A metal nose strip (concealed) for better fit around nose and cheeks (replaceable, available in our online shop).
- Filter pocket (for use with disposable filters).
- Comes with one disposable filter (replacements sold separately in our online shop)
- Moulded chin and nose area.
- Washable up to 40 degrees (remove nose strip for washing).
- Soft, comfortable and durable.
- Comes with a soft cotton drawstring carry/storage wash bag
- No pins are used while making your mask
- 100% of profit will be donated to The British Lung Foundation.
The inner layer of fabric acts as a pocket to insert a disposable filter, one disposable filter is provided with your mask. More can be ordered, but if we are out of stock due to high demand we can point you towards reliable sellers. Filters aren’t required, they just add another level of protection. The mask will arrive in a sealed and dated bag, all masked are washed after being made and handled with gloves for packaging.
Lining & Elastic Ear loops We will contact you to allow you to choose your colour of elastic ear loop. the ear-loops are adjusted to fit with a small bead that can be slid to tightened or loosened achieving your perfect fit. No two linings are the same!
Nose Strip The mask contains a metal nose strip (used on PPE masks), these can be moulded to fit the bridge of your nose creating a better fitting mask. Please store your mask in its moulded shape wherever possible to protect the metal nose strip, try not to store the mask folded or opened out flat or you will have to replace your nose strip more often.
Sizing This is a guide to choosing your fit, it isn’t precise.
- Standard: this is ideal for a teenager and any adult with a small / medium / average face size (distance from tip of nose to chin).
- Large: this is suited to longer or larger faces / strong jawline, and beards (the distance from tip of nose to chin).
Wearing the mask If using with a filter please place the filter in the inner pocket with the PM2.5 facing you. Adjust the elastic straps to fit the mask flat to your face with the bead slider on the elastic, it should be as fitted as you can make it, but comfortable, mould the metal nose strip area to fit as best as possible around your nose and cheeks. When returning home avoid touching the front of the mask, remove the mask by unhooking it from behind your ears and keep the outer side of the mask away from you as much as possible, dispose of the filter (if you’ve used one), remove the metal nose strip to wash or steam, place the mask in its washing bag, wash at up to 40 degrees on a gentle machine wash. Alternatively; steam it with a clothes steamer or steam iron, spray it with rubbing alcohol or sanitiser and leave it to dry.
Wash your hands thoroughly.
Do face masks or coverings stop the spread of coronavirus? See the video of the latest Edinburgh University Study.