** Masks are handmade to order, please be patient and allow 14 working days for us to process your order, hopefully some stock of masks will be built up over time, these masks will appear as "in stock" and can be shipped immediately. **
These masks are for use by the public to protect supplies of N95 surgical masks while also providing us, the general public, the ability to stay safe during the COVID-19 crisis. These mask are not a replacement for N95 or surgical masks. These masks are designed to add a layer of protection for the general population while out and about.
The key elements that make this mask a better fit are the adjustable ear straps, a metal nose clip to close up the gap between cheeks and nose, and finally the addition of a moulded chin and nose area, in an effort to fit most people much better than the concertina style masks that often gap at the sides.
- The mask consists of:
- 3 layers of fabric, a mix of cottons and silks for better breathability.
- 2 adjustable elastic ear loops.
- A metal nose clip (concealed) for better fit around nose and cheeks.
- Moulded chin and nose area.
- Soft, comfortable and durable.
- 50% of profit goes towards materials for making free masks for carers, nurses and key workers.
- No pins are used while making your mask
The inner layer of fabric acts as a pocket to insert a disposable filter, one disposable filter is provided with your mask. More can be ordered, but if we are out of stock due to high demand we can point you towards reliable sellers. Filters aren’t required, they just add another level of protection.
The mask will arrive in a sealed and dated bag, all masked are washed after being made and handled with gloves for packaging.
Lining & Elastic Ear loops
We will contact you to allow you to choose your colour of elastic ear loop. the ear-loops are adjusted to fit with a small bead that can be slid to tightened or loosened achieving your perfect fit. No two linings are the same!
The masks contain a proper filter mask nose strip (used on PPE masks), these can be moulded to fit the bridge of your nose creating a better fitting mask. Please store your mask in its moulded shape wherever possible to protect the metal nose strip, don’t store the mask folded or opened out flat.
This is a guide to choosing your fit, it isn’t precise.
- Standard: this is ideal for a teenager and any adult with a small / medium / average face size (distance from bridge of the nose to chin).
- Large: this is suited to long or larger faces / strong jawline, and beards (the distance from bridge of nose to chin).
Wearing the mask
If using with a filter please place the filter in the inner pocket with the PM2.5 facing you. Adjust the elastic straps to fit the mask flat to your face with the bead slider on the elastic, it should be as fitted as you can make it, but comfortable, mould the nose area to fit as best as possible around your cheeks and nose. When returning home avoid touching the front of the mask, remove the mask by unhooking it from behind your ears and keep the outer side of the mask away from you as much as possible, remove the filter (if you’ve used one) and place the filter in the bin, place the mask in the washing or spray it with rubbing alcohol or sanitiser and leave it to dry. Wash your hands thoroughly.
About the Disposable PM2.5 Activated Carbon Filter
*This information is taken from the filter manufacturers website, CyclingShorts.cc cannot be held responsible for any errors in the product description.*
- 5 layer construction
- 1st layer of spunbond cloth filters micron-level dust
- 2nd layer filters industrial pollutants, automobile exhaust, passive smoking, and pollen allergens
- 3rd layer of active carbon cloth filters micron-level dust
- 4th layer offers filter density for smaller material
- 5th layer of spunbond cloth filters micron-level dust and other harmful substances
- Around 98% pollen shut out.
- Ideal to protect your mouth and face from Dust, Haze, Pollution, Ash, Pollen, Gardening, Crafts.
Protects against dust, vehicle emissions, and smog. Ideal for walking, cycling, running, biking, hiking, skiing and for other outdoor activities.
The filters are graded to a PM2.5 (suitable to filter allergens), viruses are PM0.3 but the mask and filter still helps provide another barrier to infection and also helps prevent you infecting others. #weartocare
Do face masks or coverings stop the spread of coronavirus? See the video of the latest Edinburgh University Study.